The Fourth of July is just around the corner, but it’s not too late to create this beautiful burlap artwork! This craft is easy, inexpensive and FESTIVE! My whole plan was to create a mini American flag (with the 13 stars) and I’m glad that I stuck with something simple. It’s really pretty and I think its something that anyone can do.
What you will need:
- 11X14″, 8X10″ or 5X7″ piece of sturdy burlap (mine is 11X14″)
- 11X14″, 8X10″ or 5X7″ frame (I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $15)
- Red, blue and gold acrylic paint (or any other color)
- Large and medium sized paint brushes
- Heavy Card Stock
- Star Image (click link to download)
- Fabric pen (or if you’re ghetto like me, you’ll use a highlighter)
- Wax paper
- Lay some wax paper flat on a table top and lay the flag on top of that. Draw a line down the middle of the burlap with your fabric pen (or highlighter…)
- Cut out the star and lay it on the middle of the burlap.
- Hold the star down with one hand and trace the outside of the star with blue paint using a medium sized brush.
- Fill in the rest of the flag, keeping the star in the middle.
- Repeat step 4 for the bottom half, using red paint. Remove the star.
- Fill in the star with gold paint. Remove it from the wax paper and place it on cardboard, white paper (something that you don’t want pain on) and let it dry.
Isn’t it painless…and beautiful? Enjoy!