This cinnamon popcorn is my favorite popcorn EVER!!!! It’s crunchy, chewy, sweet….oh man, it’s the best and it’s really easy to make. All you need it popcorn, hot tamales, white chocolate chips and cinnamon! It tastes just like Christmas
Not that this recipe needs a background story, but I’m going to give it to you anyway. In college, I searched for the best place to study…top floor was awesome for a while, but then everyone caught on, so I finally found a cubby in the lowest floor of the basement. Seriously NO ONE went there…and it was awesome! Everyday, I’d bring a bag of hot tamales and study in the “dungeon.” I finally grew close enough to my then boyfriend to show him the dungeon and we would meet there for study dates…an no, we didn’t go there to make out. Sometimes he would buy me hot tamales before we met there and he was pretty much the best boyfriend ever. I loved hot tamales so much that when this boy proposed to me…he hid my ring in a bag of hot tamales!
You may say I’m obsessed and you’d probably be right. Hot tamales are my candy of choice, which is why I decided to put them in my popcorn mix. Even if you’re not an obsessed weirdo like me…I’m pretty sure you’ll also think this is AMAZING! Plus, it’s so pretty and looks amazing in my FREE Printables! This recipe will fill about 5-6 popcorn boxes. These printables also come without the Merry Christmas so you can use them all year DOWNLOAD THEM HERE!
- 6 c. unsalted popcorn, already popped
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. chopped up Hot Tamales
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pour popcorn, 1/2 c. white chocolate chips and Hot Tamales into a large bowl.
- Melt the rest of the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and melt for another 15 seconds until completely melted (be careful that you don't burn it).
- Pour on top of popcorn and mix in. Make sure there aren't any clumps. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and stir again.
- Let it set a few minutes and serve.