I’m welcoming my 30’s by eating chocolate all week (in case you missed my post on Monday…today is my birthday!). These Ghirardelli White Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels are one of my very favorite treats to make. The combination of the salty pretzel, gooey caramel and creamy white chocolate is absolutely TO DIE FOR! These make the perfect treat and gift for Valentine’s Day…because not many things say “I LOVE YOU” like chocolate…or caramel.
I made these using Ghirardelli’s Melting Wafers…this chocolate is the BEST to cook with. Ghirardelli baking chips and bars are the ultimate dessert indulgence. Ghirardelli baking ingredients provide bakers with premium options for all of their baking needs.
Some great things about these chocolates:
• Ease of use and consistency in melting.
• Zip-up pouch that makes it easier to portion out the product.
• Resealable package for freshness.
• Versatility: the wafers can be used in many ways, from crafts and homemade gifts, to decorations, dipped gourmet treats or fountains and fondue.
And let’s not forget about the taste. It’s hard to compete with Ghirardelli for baking chocolates! They are available in grocery, mass, and club stores nationwide. You can also visit the Ghirardelli website to see more tips and recipes using their melting chocolates.
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pretzel Rods
- 12 oz. bag of Ghirardelli's White Melting Wafers
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Heat pan to medium heat and add butter.
- Once butter is melted, add brown sugar. Stir together until combined.
- Add corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil, then turn back down to medium.
- Stir constantly for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Dip pretzels in the caramel (I cut my pretzels in half to make dipping easier). Let cool for about 30 minutes to an hour on wax paper.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions, then dip pretzels in chocolate. Sprinkle with sprinkles and let cool until chocolate is dry.
A couple of tips:
- Don’t be afraid to tilt the pan or bowl so you get more of the pretzel covered.
- When you dip the pretzel in caramel, hold it out of the caramel for a little bit so you get som
These look so cute packaged in a cellophane bag with my FREE Printables! To make these, you’ll need:
- Free Valentine Printables, for personal use only
- Heavy Card stock
- 4 in” wide cellophane bag
- scissors or paper trimmer
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board (optional, but it will make lots of crafts much easier)
First, download the printables to your computer. Then, you’ll simply print and cut out the printables, and fold them in half using the scoring board. Place four pretzels in the bag and place the tag at the top of the bag. Staple the printable to the bag and then you’re done!
My gooey rice krispie treats (also made with Ghirardelli melting chocolates) is a great treat to give, as well. Make sure you stick around for more chocolate recipes this week and I’ve got an AMAZING giveaway for you tomorrow!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Linked up to: