I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
Nothing quite says “Party” like chicken wings…the more flavors the better! This Smart & Final Chicken Wing Trio would be a great appetizer for all the basketball parties you’ll be having. I was just introduced to the awesome store Smart & Final and they have an AMAZING freezer section…perfect for Frozen Food Month! I loved that I could keep my chicken wings in my freezer until I was ready to cook them. Buying frozen is so convenient and a great way to #ChooseSmart.
These wings turned out so yummy and I loved having a variety of flavors. For this trio, I created Pepper Teriyaki, Lemon Parmesan and Buffalo. The Pepper Teriyaki chicken wings were my favorite. It has always been extremely hard for me to find chicken wings for some reason…so when I saw Tyson’s giant bag of chicken wings, I snatched them up! They’re huge and meaty! You’ll find this product under “Entrees” in the frozen food section.
- 5 lb bag Tyson Frozen Chicken Wings
- cooking oil
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese (very fine)
- salt, to taste
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 c. buffalo sauce
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- Bake chicken wings according to package instructions. While chicken is cooking, start making the sauces.
- Combine everything but the black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together, then add to a small sauce pan.
- Bring to boil, then cook on low until the sauce thickens. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except lemon pepper in a medium bowl, then set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in another medium bowl and set aside.
- Once chicken is done baking, pat it COMPLETELY dry with a paper towel and let it set for a couple of minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan to medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated up, add a few chicken wings at a time to the pan and cook until crispy (1 to 2 minutes). ***Be very careful with the hot oil. It can burst when water comes in contact with it...that's why it's extremely important to dry off all the excess liquid after the chicken is done baking.
- Coat 1/3 of the chicken in the Terikyaki sauce, then sprinkle with black pepper.
- Coat 1/3 of the chicken with the Lemon Parmesan Sauce, then sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Coat the remaining 1/3 of the chicken with the buffalo sauce.
You must also check out the spice section at Smart & Final. I got everything I needed in one trip! It’s nice because I could get some things I use more often in bulk, but they also offered smaller sizes for items I don’t use all the time. The best part is they have discounted prices on EVERYTHING!
To find more Smart & Final recipes, check out the Smart & Final Social Circular. Make sure you foll them on Twitter and Facebook for great deals! In celebration of Frozen Food Month, enjoy this $10 coupon! That can get you a whole bag of chicken wings!!!
Check back soon for more game day recipe ideas!