I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
This Breaded Chicken and Pepper Mushroom Bruschetta is the bomb. Really…it’s an explosion of flavor! I honestly haven’t tasted anything like it before and I’m not sure what made me think of putting all these items together, but I’m so glad I did…I can’t gush enough about this! Make sure you add this recipe to your dinner meal plans…Now! Seriously, do it now.
I used Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil to make this dish. It makes this ultra rich…yum! You can only purchase this at Wal-Mart in the Vegetable Oil Section:
I bought my chicken at Safeway. I live literally 2 minutes away from a Safeway and for some reason I never went inside. I was SO impressed when I went in. They have a great meat selection…the chicken was so fresh and tender! Plus, at only $2.99 a lb…I made sure to stock up!
And they have the best French bread that I’ve ever gotten from a grocery store. True Story.
I served this over couscous…but it would also be great over garlic mashed potatoes, grits, or pasta! I just seasoned my couscous with salt and pepper and placed the chicken and Bruschetta on top. I found my Pepperazzi peppers at Safeway in the Olive Bar section. If you don’t have an olive bar at your grocery store, check the Italian food section (they should be in a jar). They are round, bright red peppers that have a sweet/tangy/hot flavor. You can definitely substitute them with another pepper, but I loved the flavor and bit of heat that they added to this dish.
- 2 Skinless bonleless chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in half
- 1/4 c. Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan
- 4 tsp. grated mozzarella
- 1 Tbs. Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 Tbs. diced pancetta
- 1 c. chopped mushrooms
- 6 chopped Pepperazzi peppers
- 2 Tbs. diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1 Tbs. red wine
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. fresh chopped basil
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a large ziploc bag and pound chicken with a meat tenderizer.
- Add olive oil to bag and coat the chicken.
- Heat large non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Take chicken from bag and coat in breadcrumb mixture, then place on the skillet. Do this for each piece of chicken.
- Cook chicken about 3-4 minutes on each side, until it's no longer pink in the center.
- Top with cheese (distribute amount of cheese for all pieces of chicken) and take off heat.
- While chicken is cooking, heat up oil in a medium pan. Add garlic and pancetta.
- Cook pancetta for about 1-2 minutes, then add mushrooms.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, then add all ingredients except fresh basil.
- Simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Add basil, then place on top of chicken.